What is a Celebrant?
- Celebrants are trained professionals who believe in the
power and effectiveness of ceremony and ritual to serve basic
needs of society and the individual.
- Celebrants are qualified and trained to serve a variety of
life celebrations such as weddings and funerals.
- Celebrants by the very nature of the word are faith based in
their values and practices. The term Celebrant has always been
used in the context of a faith community and has been reserved
for professional clergy.
- Things have changed in our Canadian culture. More than 80%
of the population have become disconnected from a faith
- Celebrants are neutral, they do not represent religion, they
are there to serve the families.